12 December 2017
Mugabe off to Singapore bolthole
Frustrated jobless men resorting to violence
Zim editor shooting: Groups welcome trial
Oscar Pistorius injured in prison brawl
EU aware of, but ignored Libya slavery
Gukurahundi: Reckless Mutsvangwa slammed
- Victims continue to wait for justice
Chivhayo arrest: Lawyer says he's home
Challenges facing Pres Mnangagwa
Zim’s Munhuwani new Allianz Ghana CEO
Intwasa extra to celebrate a new Zim
Zodwa Wabantu fails to turn up - again
Sundowns coach retains Khama Billiat hope
African Footballer of the Year chosen
Zims duped! It’s about Zanu PF for ever
Mnangagwa presidency built on quicksand
Interview: Gonda Hot Seat with Coltart
The Mugabe prophecy that never was
How Mine happy with winning start
10/02/2014 00:00:00
by Supersport
How Mine win 2-1 in Zanzibar

HOW Mine coach Philani Ncube is satisfied by his side’s impressive showing in Saturday’s 4-0 routing of Zanzibar side Chuoni in a Caf Confederations Cup preliminary round first leg match at Barbourfields Stadium.

How mine dominated all afternoon to set themselves a huge advantage ahead of their visit to Chuoni next weekend.

New striker Kuda Musharu announced his arrival in emphatic style with a brace in either half while veteran anchorman Menard Mupera converted from the spot before Warren Dube sealed the game for the hosts.

This left Ncube a content man with belief that they will finish off Chuoni away.

“We are in the right direction. Our game plan was to score as many goals as possible so that we make life easier for ourselves when we visit Chuoni. The plan worked well,” Ncube said.

But the award-winning coach was quick to warn his charges against complacency when they travel away.

“But we should not relax because it is not over yet. If you look at it sometimes we tended to be too comfortable when we attacked such that we then missed some good chances. But overally I am happy with the way the boys play and confident of progressing to the next round,” he said.

The match was played on a waterlogged Barbourfields which made a string of passes difficult for both side.

But the hosts were determined, coming close as early as the fifth minute when Edmore Muzanenhamo skied his effort over bar at close range.

But Musharu thrust them ahead four minutes before the break off an Emmanuel Mandiranga pass.

Chuoni’s Ahmed Sulum fouled Musharu inside the box a minute after the restart and Mupera scored from the penalty spot to double the hosts’ lead.

Mandiranga was again provider for Musharu to head in the third goal which was his brace.
Dube completed the routing with 11 minutes to go.


Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker