17 February 2018
Military honours as ex-PM’s body in Zim
Fake Grace PhD: UZ chief gets bail
Chombo arrested on new graft charges
ZIFA up for ‘stealing’ attached property
Tsvangirai: Odinga leads Africa tributes
MDC-T leader’s burial set for Tuesday
MDC-T risks split after leader's death
- Chamisa, Mudzuri deny party crisis
RBZ doubles gold and tobacco support
Prosperous Zim good for Botswana: BoB
Tsvangirai: SABC axes Zim-born presenter
Africans celebrate 'Black Panther'
Ndoro controversy drags on in SA
UK: Premiership players steal taxi
Ex-PM: heroic herald of epoch foretold
MDC squabbles risk democracy fight
MDC-T party: It’s now dog-eat-dog
UK deportation: Wither affected Zimbos
FC Platinum rise up to fifth position after beating Chapungu 2-0
12/07/2015 00:00:00
by Staff Reporter

FC PLATINUM crept up to fifth place in the Castle Premier Soccer League on Saturday after dismissing Chapungu 2-0 at Mandava Stadium in Zvishavane.

Platinum, in recording only their seventh win in 16 matches, finished the match with 10 men after Ian Nekati was red-carded in the 62nd minute for a dangerous lunge at Chapungu striker Liberty Khimu.

Brian Muzondiwa opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when Chapungu goalkeeper Roy Mazingi spilled the ball into his path from a free kick by Ray Sibanda.

Marshall Mudehwe, making his first start for Platinum this season, then fed Allen Gahadzikwa two minutes later for the former Motor Action man to hammer home the second.

“I am happy with the performance of the guys after we had lost Ian. We had great chances in the first half and we used them and opted to keep possession in the second half,” said FC Platinum coach Norman Mapeza.

In the reverse fixture, the two teams drew 0-0 at Ascot last Saturday.

In another match on Saturday, things are not going on well at Harare City after they played out a 2-2 draw against Flame Lily, although coach, Taurai Mangwiro, insists they are on target.

“There is no pressure on me because the target is to finish in the top six in my first season and we are well on course. 

We conceded an early goal from a counter attack but we responded very well in the second half,” said Mangwiro after the match following his third draw in a row.

James Chivasa scored for Flame Lily after just eight minutes before City drew level a minute after the breather through James Jam.

Jam then completed his double 10 minutes later but then completed a sweet-sour afternoon when he was red carded in the 75th minute for insulting the match referee.

Controversial referee Norman Matemera adjudged that Tendayi Samanja had handled in the box and awarded Flame Lily a penalty leading to Jam’s barrage of insults.

Brighton Chandisaita then converted for Flame Lily after tempers had died down.

On Friday, maximum points continued to elude Sunday Chidzambwa as he watched his side ZPC Kariba draw 0-0 against Tsholotsho at White City Stadium in Bulawayo.

Last Saturday, Tsholotsho stunned ZPC 1-0 in their own backyard in Nyamhunga, a goal that came from the boot of veteran striker Joel Luphahla, 38.



Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker