22 March 2018
Govt threatens to block doctors’ salaries
Michael Owen launches own cryptocurrency
44 African countries sign free trade pact
Mnangagwa pardons 3,000 prisoners
Rwanda: Mnangagwa commends civil society
Chivayo: Mangoma to appear before MPs
Parly: Ex-ZMDC boss grilled over $15bln
Rape accused teacher commits suicide
Indigenisation law change cheers miner
Mnangagwa: Africa can do much better
Zim Achievers SA to honour Mtukudzi
Trey Songz up for punching woman
Zambia beat Zimbabwe Warriors on penalties
Alonso facing prison over tax fraud
Mugabe spoke for the marginalised, but
Whither ED, how tactful art thou?
ZimDiaspora: Bum cleaners, runaway fathers?
Autism: Awareness and interventions
Dynamos coach Ndiraya fumes over Mutuma, Chinyama verdict

Found guilty in violent conduct charge ... Dynamos striker Roderick Mutuma

01/12/2015 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter
Found guilty ... Takesure Chinyama

DYNAMOS strikers Roderick Mutuma and Takesure Chinyama have been found guilty of violent conduct towards referee Philani Ncube during their Chibuku Super Cup final against Harare City at the National Sports Stadium on October 31 by the Premier Soccer League (PSL) disciplinary committee.

The Dynamos duo was summoned to a disciplinary hearing on November 17 to answer to charges for the violent conduct.

Dynamos coach, Tonderai Ndiraya expressed disappointment at the ruling.

“I’m worried, to be quite honest, by the disciplinary issues, but there is also a big question that needs to be answered,” he said.

“Are they the only players who were on the wrong side of the law this season? It looks like the law is being applied selectively.

“The Steven Alimenda one was deserved, but I think Roderick and Chinyama have been hard done by the ruling.”

Ndiraya said there were some matches where players behaved in the same manner, but got away with it because the games were not televised.

“It’s unfortunate the game in question was on television, but I remember seeing newspaper pictures of Highlanders players mobbing the referee,” he said.

“Was that not aggression? I think the playing field is not level. I call upon the authorities to apply the law fairly.

“As the coach, I’m not happy by how the law is being applied. I hope going into the future it will be corrected,” he said.

Although the PSL is yet to release the full judgment, it was revealed during the selection of the soccer stars in Harare yesterday that the duo had been found guilty and that they were not eligible to be selected.


Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker