13 December 2017
   
US sets terms, orders army off the streets
MDC-Alliance to US: please don’t forget Zim
Chinamasa sees good times as Zim gets $1,5b
$15b billion looters in ED’s govt: Bishop
Tsvangirai victory certain: MDC-T youths
Unaccounted for assets to be seized: Zacc
Man forces niece, 2, to eat own faeces
Some ChiTown officers never been to school
MORE NEWS
Willowvale rejects bond notes
Challenges facing Pres Mnangagwa
MORE BUSINESS
Jah Prayzah dreamt about cemetery attack
Voter registration proof to watch show
MORE SHOWBIZ
Jose Mourinho: City lack education
Sundowns coach retains Khama Billiat hope
MORE SPORTS
Coup: why the China role theory is hollow
Zims duped! It’s about Zanu PF for ever
MORE OPINION
 
Interview: Gonda Hot Seat with Coltart
The Mugabe prophecy that never was
MORE COLUMNISTS
 
 

Zimbabwe's first-class competition set to resume next week

13/01/2017 00:00:00
by Espncricinfo.com
 
 
RELATED STORIES

ZIMBABWE'S domestic first-class competition, the Logan Cup, is set to resume from January 17.

Only one match of the four-team, 12-round tournament has been completed so far, after player strikes and non-payment of salaries affected the games after the first round.

The second round of the tournament was originally scheduled to be held between January 5 and 8, and these matches will be played from January 17. The tournament has been postponed three times this season.

First, the tournament began a week later than scheduled after which the third day of the first-round match between Mid West Rhinos and Matabeleland Tuskers was delayed as players refused to take the field over the issue of non-payment of salaries.

The domestic players, not nationally-contracted ones, led the strike because they were left without pay. The nationally-contracted players had received salaries, but the domestic players were only remunerated for one month instead of a promised two. The other match in the first round, between Mountaineers and Mashonaland Eagles, was abandoned without a ball bowled.

Zimbabwe Cricket, in a press release issued on Friday, said that disruption of the first-round match happened after "an unfortunate misunderstanding over provincial salaries".

"Some players on provincial contracts were not happy when their December salaries were delayed because the provinces they represent had not submitted their paperwork in time for the Zimbabwe Cricket secretariat to include them on the December payroll together with the other players on central contracts and non-playing staff," the board said. "All salaries are now up to date."



Advertisement


 
Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it

Del.icio.us

Reddit

Newsvine

Nowpublic

Stumbleupon

Face Book

Myspace

Fark

 
 
 
comments powered by Disqus
 
RSS NewsTicker