24 March 2018
US to ED: ignore reforms, sanctions stay
MPs summon Mugabe over missing $15bn
Freed activist: God knows I didn’t kill the cop
No reforms no poll: Chamisa tells EU crew
Mujuru vows Dzamara search if elected
Boy eyes political office, contests law
GM foods safer than conventional: Expert
'Stubborn' Khupe, Gutu fired from the MDC-T
Plenty investors in Zim, hotels flooded: ED
Chamisa hails African Free Trade Area
Deported anti-Bob SA band back at Hifa
Grace house arrest play rocks Masvingo
Gayle plans to dance with Zimbabwe fans
Cricket: UAE shatter Zim WCup dreams
Follow Honourable Eddie Cross's example
Mugabe spoke for the marginalised, but
2018: of humour, fair analysis, healthy race
ZimDiaspora: Bum cleaners, runaway fathers?

Chicken Inn edge Hre City 2-1 as Caps held by 10 men Rhinos

19/10/2017 00:00:00
by Sports Reporter

CHICKEN Inn bounced back into contention for the championship after edging Harare City 2-1 to take their points tally to 55, four behind leaders FC Platinum.

Five matches are now left before the end of the campaign.

With Dynamos in second place and one point behind FC Platinum and Ngezi trailing in third place on 57 point's its pointing to an intriguing finish.

At the National Sports Stadium in Harare, Caps United was held to a 0-0 draw by 10 men Black Rhinos.

The Green Machine failed to take advantage of their numerical superiority after Black Rhinos captain Bruce Homora was given a straight red card by Rusape Referee Brighton Chimene for a crude lunge on Dominic Chungwa.

The champions lacked creativity in midfield and could not break down a resilient Black Rhinos. The soldiers had the best chance on 57 minutes when Taurai Chigudu broke free but directed his effort to the far left post.

Abasirim Chidiebere was given a starting role to partner Premier Soccer League leading goal scorer Dominic Chungwa but it failed to pay dividends as the match ended in a 0-0 stalemate.

The draw left Caps United in fifth place with 46 points while Black Rhinos are eighth with 38 points.

The army side coach Stanford “Stix” Mtizwa however felt in his post-match interview they could have won the match had their captain not been red carded. 

He said their player did not deserve a straight red card saying it was too harsh.  He also questioned why they continued to be given the same referees who officiated their match last week against Yadah FC.

Caps United assistant coach Fungai “Tostao” Kwashi said: “Its two points lost. It’s not what we wanted sometimes when you get into the bush you would want to catch the biggest animal. But unfortunately it did not happen.”




Email this to a friend Printable Version Discuss This Story
Share this article:

Digg it






Face Book



comments powered by Disqus
RSS NewsTicker